Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Hell

Saturdays are a special sort of hell.

Aside from the fact that the branch is chronically understaffed, there are teenagers in here all day.

Teenagers suck. I do not like working with them. I am an adult services librarian.

I cringe when I see teenagers walk into the building en masse because I know that my quiet morning of trying to order books or do the schedule or help college students with their research papers is long gone. They swear, try to sell drugs, beat each other up, piss on the bathroom floors, don't want to do anything except sit there and stare at the lucky few that get to use the computers, they try to smoke in the building, and think of anything else obnoxious to do to drive the library staff completely fucking insane.

I don't mind well-behaved teenagers (are there are some that exist), but goddamn it already today.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto. When I am at the Nat, my ovaries hurt a little bit every time I am near a teenager. I always tell myself "I know I wasn't like this when I was a kid".

    ReplyDelete