Monday, February 16, 2009

Movies of the Lord

I'm not religious. That's not to say I'm an intolerant bastard. Believe in what or who you want to believe in. But honestly, the minute you start to push it on me, I'm done. My brain shuts off and goes to Tahiti and yes, your mouth is moving, but no, I'm not hearing it.

So, please, when I tell you that our tv is for library programs only, don't say that the LORD should be a library program.

When I tell you the same damned thing for the second and third time, don't give me some lame story about how you and your husband don't have tv and just want to watch a movie in the library and "get some of the teenage boys to watch it" with you. NO!

When I offer to find the movie at another branch for you and ask you for a library card, don't tell me that it's been 7 years since you've been in the library and that the LORD has brought you to the library.

The LORD may have brought you here, but you still are not going to use our tv.

And really, when I go on my break and you're waiting for me to tell me about how I should watch the movie and how it will change my life and blahblahblahblahblah (brain went to Tahiti), I just get more annoyed because you didn't listen to me and now you feel the need to kinda stalk me while I try to quickly chew my last bite of granola bar.

The LORD may have brought you here, but he must have forgot to let you use his library card because you still need one to check our shit out.

Kthanks and have a Blessed Day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's a new one on me. The Lord brought me to the library!! They never cease to amaze me. Can't they have their own holy roller library somewhere with fish stickers and all there?

    ReplyDelete