Monday, February 16, 2009

Blast from the Past: Resumes

This happy little event happened sometime in November.

this lady comes up to me this morning and says, 'i need help with my resume.'

she wasn't friendly, smiling, or even remotely pleasant to me.

the conversation goes as follows.
me: do you have a resume started? would some books help?
her: no, i need to get it typed [which is code for: i need someone to type it because i sure the hell am not going to]
me: let me see what computer is available
her: hrrrrrmphme: i can show you how to get on to microsoft office and use their resume tool
her: [handing me papers] i really don't like to type
me: i'm sorry, but we don't type up resumes
her: oh. [glares at me]
me: i can get you on computer x in 30 minutes, do you want to do that?
her: no. i just need this typed.
me: again, i'm sorry, but we don't type up resumes.
her: walks off. good luck with that job search, dumbass.

i'm the only one here because of a program and you think i don't have anything else to do other than type up your resume? HA!!!!!!!!

i just got done helping some guy that wanted audiobooks of people just spelling words? do you know how hard that is to find when you have a lady demanding to use all of your computers for a session on monday, another person wanting 'educational movies only about famous people,' two lines ringing and 5 people arguing over their internet time? yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment