Monday, February 16, 2009

I don't want 8 tracks!

Patron: Do I have anything in?
Me: Let me check. [Out of the goodness of my heart, I go to check the shelf even though I am clearly not behind a circulation desk computer and even though the computer is clearly marked with a "CLOSED" sign. I see that movie is VHS. Suspects this may be a problem, so...] Is VHS ok?
Patron: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
Me: The movie you requested?
Patron: I didn't request no stinkin' 8-track. [Honestly, no foolin', she said, 'stinkin'.]
Me: Oh, I'm so sorry, I can re-request the DVD for you.
Patron: WHO THE HELL DOES THIS? I DON'T WANT NO 8 TRACK!
Me: [Really, you're old enough to be my grandmother. You should know 8 track went away, what, 30 years ago?] Actually, it's VHS, but someone might have sent the wrong item. I'm sorry about that. I'll take care of this and get you the dvd.
Patron: Yeah, cuz I don't have an 8 track player.

No comments:

Post a Comment